December 1, 2013

Drug Free Youth

The Abused is a band that hardly needs an introduction.  Being one of the forefathers of NYHC, pretty much any band after them playing that style or coming from that area owe some type of gratitude to them.  I'm not going to speak in much detail about the band's sound or influence, because that should be well known.  What we have here is the recent reissue of the band's 'Loud and Clear' EP, demo, and some live songs, onto the 12" format thanks to Radio Raheem Records.  A subsidiary of Painkiller Records, you know the presentation on this one was given the utmost care.  Included with the amazing gatefold is a 24 page booklet that includes show flyers and various pictures of the band.  In addition to that, there are some liner notes and a sticker sheet (which I forgot to take a picture of).  I really can't say enough about how fantastically done this is.  The label sold out fairly quick but you should still be able to find copies in distros.  I highly suggest tracking one down if you're not in the business of dropping $700+ for an OG copy of the 7".

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I just wish I could've bought one. - chris

    ReplyDelete